Monday, October 26, 2009

Last Day of Classes, and Surfing!


It amazes me that we have already completed classes for the semester, I am now 4 exams away from graduation! I cannot believe how much this semester has flown by, but it has been incredible. I have learned many things about myself and others and I could not have asked for a better experience. On Friday the university hosted "End of Daze", which was a concert during the day where we were able to drink and hang out. It was a perfect springtime day, and I was excited to finally get to relax after handing in my final paper.

On Saturday, we drove to Muriwei beach on the west coast with a big group to attempt some surfing! It was a fun, but exhausting day. I couldn't believe how hard it was to balance enough to actually stand on a board while riding a wave. Needless to say, I didn't get all the way up, but I am definitely looking forward to trying again soon. The waves were fantastic though, even laying on the board and rising them to shore was a blast. They were very strong, and I found myself getting pushed around by them very often. The beach was beautiful, it was a black sand beach and the waves were enormous!

And I am now facing a full week off to explore Auckland before two weeks of final exams. Once I finish them, it is off to South Island, and finally, Boston! It will be a bittersweet departure, but also very exciting.

No comments:

Post a Comment