Sunday, July 12, 2009

I'm Here!



So I'm officially in Auckland, New Zealand! I arrived early Saturday morning here, completely confused about times and dates and how I skipped Friday all together I believe. Somehow, after traveling for about 24 hours in total and not having slept much, I was way too excited to attempt to fall back asleep. My arrival was overwhelming. I was given keys to my apartment, and figuring out the rest seemed up to me. We haven't started orientation yet, so I'm hoping thats when I learn a lot more about where to go and what to do, but I've been doing pretty well for the last couple of days, anyways. I've done a lot of wandering the city, which I love to do anyways. Today I plan on tackeling finding a grocery store, and figuring out a cell phone plan to use while I'm over here. My first impression of Auckland is good, everyone who I've met is so friendly and nice, and I'm sure I'll find a lot to do in such a big city.

No comments:

Post a Comment